Thursday, September 1, 1994

Anyone for Breakfast?

Robert, Yes, your parents were very kind and generous to let us stay with them on such short notice. As soon as we know how many people we can plan on attending the reception, then we will be able to make more and better plans. Since we don't want everyone to attend the reception, then it is a really good idea to not have it printed in the announcement. We will have separate cards to include with announcements to invite certain people. You shouldn't worry so much about people not doing their share. I know that it is hard not to worry, but we have no control over tehir actions. If someone doesn't do as expected or as we hoped, then we will take care of it. Together you and I can accomplish anything. Robert, you can't get TOO involved. Many grooms think that their advice or suggestions for a wedding/reception are unwanted. Sometimes this is the case, but not in ours. I want you to feel involved. It will help me to know that you will enjoy the reception as much as I will. Right now it is hard to plan it when we are so far apart, this is why I want to have most of it taken care of fall quarter. You said, "I just don't want to make a bad suggestion and mess anything up." Even if you made a bad suggestion, you won't mess everything up, I promise. Wedding Breakfast: My aunts didn't do their wedding breakfast, my uncles did. My mom had five brothers and my grandmother is the type that gets involved in things (sometimes a little too much). I never went to any of them. The only ones that had Temple marriages were my Uncle Mike and Aunt Barbara: they got married in Pennsylvania and later divorced, and my Aunt Lexie and Uncle Brad: I was 6 and wasn't invited. Chad and Lynne had a rehearsal dinner, I didn't go to that either, I got stuck babysitting all of the little ones. Chad and Lynne's rehearsal dinner: Chad didn't want anything fancy, so they went and ate pizza at the Spaghetti Factory at Trolley Square. My mother is right, you can have subway sandwiches delivered if you want, or you can do as Shauna did for her brother (which sounds like what your mom and dad did for Dennis). It will probably be a luncheon because the Temples do weddings early in the morning. Whatever we do should be what YOU want to do. If you want to meet at a park and send out for McDonalds, then so be it. Your first two letters went hand-in-hand so I responded to them together, I am now off to reply to your last one, I love you, Your best friend, Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment