Thursday, September 15, 1994

Reply 1 - I love you

Robert, Children 1. Time: 2 or less. 3 is a little long. 2. Number: agreed. 3-7; around 5. 3. Birth Control: Natural methods strongly preferred. "If you were opposed to having kids then that is all you would hear from me is discussion about having them. However, since you also want to have them, I don't bring it up very often." I don't only want to hear from you when you disagree with something. I need to know that you are in agreement with it. Maybe this is where part of the confusion came in. I wanted children, but I never really heard a response from you. I love you dear, but I don't only want to hear your opinion when I look horrible or if I am a cold fish. I want to know when I please you too. Mistrust: I hope you trust me now and I don't want to do anything to break it. I won't be deciding on my own to have children. If it were just my decision, then that wouldn't be a good environment to bring our children up in. Both of us have to want and plan for them. Both of us will be in on the decision when to have children (not the milkman) unless it is a pure oops (like Felicia). If we get pregnant withing two years, and we have to postpone my schooling, then so be it. My mother has postponed her schooling and has taken a class here and there. She says that she would like to have her degree, but that she doesn't have any regrets because the joy we have brought her was so "exquisite." My patriarchal blessing says: "As you progress in your studies and the gathering of knowledge of all kind, you shall reach for the better things, those things that will be of the greatest advantage to you." Will raising children not be a "gathering of knowledge?" Which would be more of an advantage for us? Which is better? The choice spirits we will raise or my degree? Attaining a degree is a good back-up to provide for me and the children and that is the real reason I want it. I have always been happy as long as I am learning. I don't need a piece of paper saying that I have learned something (unless I need a job outside of the home). "I am quite certain that if you wanted to have children sooner than you would discuss it with me instead of making the decision yourself . . ." Yes I would. We will prepare and plan on having children together. If we are able of having children sooner, then we should talk about it before one us makes the decision. Number: Just as the timing is flexible, I think this should be too. 5 is a good number, but there are always those little surprises. My parents only had 5 until their last surprise came, and I can't imagine a life without Felicia. Birth control: Let's wait at least until we are both up at Weber to discuss this one. There are advantages and disadvantages to each method. The pill is definately out. I never thought I would find myself saying that, but I am so tired of being sick that I just don't want to take the last FOUR I have to take. I have now been on them 6 months. Morning sicknesses usually begins at about month 3 and ends at month 6. That's three months. My mother was pregnant from month 3 till she delivered. 6 MONTHS!!! If this is any indication of how I will feel, pregnancy will be a time to learn endurance. "I may be getting ahead of myself; I still haven't read your other letters." Getting ahead of yourself: Yes, we should be worried about how we are getting married and then how we are going to have sex. That might not sound right, but I hope you know what I mean. You could read a lot into that if you want to. I know that we have jumped into a lot of topics, but it is good that we are discussing these things now instead of after we get married. We will better understand how each other feels and know more what to expect when we are married. I am going to read and respond to reply 2 now. I hope that *I* haven't gotten ahead of myself. I love you, Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment