Monday, September 12, 1994

birth control

Robert, I loved talking with you last night. I always love talking with you. However, it will be a lot more fun to talk with you this weekend. Do you know for sure if you will be in the residence halls? When will you arrive in Ogden? We are leaving Saturday (we will get the car Friday), but I am not sure what time I will get my mother out of the house. I can push and push all I want, but it usually doesn't do any good. It's that flexibility thing again. Joey might come with us. He can miss one or two days of school, but my mother is planning on him missing three or four days. She STILL doesn't know when she will be returning to El Centro. I just got a call from Sally. I didn't say anything about the Maid of Honor thing yet. She was kind of upset about her mother. She might end up commuting to Weber. I think she wants me to make her decisions for her, but I told her that they were decisions SHE would have to make and that I couldn't make them for her. She really doesn't want to live at home, but I think her mom is worried about her and wants her around. It might actually be better for YOU AND I if she commutes. Who knows. I wasn't feeling too well today (I figured it was just the BC pills) and then Phil called from school, he was also feeling sick. My mother came home and told me that she didn't feel well and I told her that Philip had come home from school. My dad just called, and he is coming home from work because he doesn't feel well. I have NEVER known my dad to miss work, especially since he is cleaning up the computers. Maybe the sneezing meant something. Post-poning children: How do you propose we do this? The General Authorities have said that those who practice birth control "shall reap sorrow." David O McKay said, "When the husband and wife are healthy, and free from inherited weaknesses and disease that might be transplanted with injury to their offspring, the use of contraceptives is to be condemned." They recommend that a couple should just live and have whatever comes along. There is self control. When I am not on the birth control, my body tells me when it has released an egg. Eggs only have a life of 24 hours, sperm for 36. Do you have a suggestion? You might like to hear what Spencer W Kimball said about it: "I have told many groups of young people that they should not postpone their marriage until they have acquired all of their education ambitions. I have told tens of thousands of young folks that when they marry they should not wait for children until they have finished their schooling and financial desires. Marriage is basically for the family, and when people have found their proper companions there should be no long delay. They should live together normally and let the children come." Robert, what do you consider a long delay? I really would like to know how yoou feel abou these isssues. I hope that I haven't sprung any surprises on you. I love you dearly and I don't seek to make you feel upset, hurt, or angry. I only want to make you happy. I am going to mail this. I am suddenly feeling really sick. I am going to get some rest (unless I got another letter from you, in that case I will respond first and then retire). I love you. Your eternal mate, Wanda Marie Husted

No comments:

Post a Comment