Friday, September 9, 1994

More about schooling . . .

Robert, Don't be sorry that our getting married has altered any plans that I made. I want to marry you and I just need to make adjustments in my schedule. I can't live my life without you, nor do I want to. I will gladly change these things if it means I get to be with you. We will keep discussing this so you can understand where I am at. It isn't hard for me to know where you are at, you graduate in one quarter, this isn't a hard concept to understand. My position isn't hard to understand either, I just need to keep you more informed. This is something to work on. I will do my best to let you know where I am at. One of my objections to going to AA is that "I can tell you exactly what they are going to tell you." Well, I haven't been telling you and I need to start. I know where I am at and it hasn't occured to me, until now, that it isn't so obvious to you. If you still want to go to AA after we discuss this in the fall, I will humor you. I won't be going for me, rather for you. To quote you: "Let's not worry so much about the timing of all this - let's see what happens and plan accordingly." I haven't been extremely worried about the timing because I know that we won't know until way later, I am just jumping ahead of things. I need to follow the advice I gave to Sean and just let things happen instead of trying to predict what will happen. Yes, we have both changed the course of our lives, but I think it will turn out better because I will have you. In the eternal perspective of things (and in the present) you are more important. After all, marriage is a prerequisite for the highest kingdom, but a degree isn't. I know you weren't in a real hurry to get your degree, you did want to do well though. I wasn't in a hurry, but now I am. I am going at my own pace, I have just sped up the pace I was going so I can graduate with my bachelor's. I don't want it to take 10 years, I don't even want it to take 2 more years. I am sure it will though. (It will take at least 3 more if I stick with a math major, I have been toying with the idea of becoming a CS major, but I want to try my hand at programming first.) I want to graduate ASAP. If it means going 4 quarters a year (or 3 semesters, depending on where we finally transfer to) and taking 17 or 18 credits a quarter, I will. Now that we will be getting married, I need to graduate SOON. I have one more letter I am going to respond to. I LOVE YOU!!! Wanda PS - Did I tell you that I wrote Julia. She figured out how to write me back and I got a message from her last night. Isn't that cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment