Monday, September 12, 1994

Children and other matters

Robert, Where are you writing from? The lines were running off of the page. No matter, I just downloaded it and pulled it into Word Perfect with a soft return and walluh! It works. Dear, YOU will arrive in Ogden at about 4 or 5 pm. I won't have access to my room until Sunday. Up until then I will be in Salt Lake. I will move in Sunday and my mother (and Joe if he comes) will stay in Salt Lake. Sally: I don't think she will be returning. I don't know who my roommate will be but hopefully she won't be as moody as my roommate last year (before Katrina). I am feeling MUCH better now. I think I just needed some sleep. No one else has called in sick. I don't think the sneezing meant anything, I was just joking with you. Postponing children until I finished my degree was not a decision we made, it was a stipulation you had that I am complying to. I knew as soon as we started discussing the bishop's list that you didn't want children right away because I would be finishing school. I will do anything to make you happy and if that means not pressuring you with kids, then I won't. Please send me the message where we talk about this, I would like to hear what I had to say. Yes, I can tell when I ovulate (release an egg). I can feel it, it's somewhat painful. Quite a few women can't tell, either they can't feel it, or they don't know what they are feeling. In a healthy human female this occurs two weeks into the cycle, since I am on Birth Control it occurs at the end of the cycle so it doesn't have a chance to be fertilized (this is what the green pills do, the orange ones prevent me from ovulating). I'll bet that you never thought you would hear so much about female anatomoy when you chose to get married. I won't be on birth control starting Monday. When mom called, the doctor said that I should discontinue it, but that I should finish the cycle. They are going to try to get me in to see her Friday. You ask me what I want: There is no need to rush into it, but I don't want to actively prevent having children either. This is why I was wondering what you had in mind. You gave the right/best answer when you said: "We'll just pray and receive revelation regarding our family." Heavenly Father wants the best for us. If we are trying to do the right thing Heavenly Father will help us. He's going to know how much time we need together before having children. What we should consider is how willing we are to do what Heavenly Father wishes. What if it is different then what we, as earthly beings, have planned? This includes having a child 9 months from the time we are married or if he makes us wait 10 years to have children. I just don't want our having children to be a closed issue. How upset will you be if I am pregnant three quarters before I finish school? You mentioned trying to have a family 1 quarter before I am done, but I don't think you want to put off sex for that long. Abstinence is the only sure way of not having children. If Heavenly Father wants us to have them, we will. Many women have had their tubes tied and still get pregnant. On the other side of the coin, if he feels that we truly need the time together before having children, he won't give us a baby. My mother and father actively tried for two years to have me. I have often wondered if there was a reason for me being late. You want to know what brought this up and asked why I had changed my mind. I am completing school faster because I don't want to delay having children for a long period of time, that's where it sprung from. I have never changed my mind because I have never settled it. Robert, I know what you want and I want to make you happy, but I don't want you to close your mind about it. You have eased my mind by telling me that this is negotiable. I don't think we are going to have a problem as long as it remains open. Heavenly Father is full of surprises and I think we should be prepared for unexpected events. Please don't compare yourself to your brother. You are already a step ahead of him, you will have a college education and a great possibility of earning more than $5.00 an hour. You said that it wouldn't hurt to get minimally established. How would you describe minimally established? Where your brother is? Where you are? Lower than you brother is? Higher than you are? Somewhere in between? If you don't feel established now, are we going to be established enough to have them? Please examine yourself and your feelings so you know that you WANT to have children instead of NOT MINDING having children. You often remind me that people in other countries are poor and happy. Often they have children. Thank you for taking the time to let me know how you feel and why you feel the way you do, hopefully I have done the same for you, if I haven't, tell me. I love you. I, like you, want us to plan to have our children so we can be better parents. I love you. I am not asking that we have them right away. I realize that my last letter may have come across a little confusing, perhaps as if I wanted children NOW, sounding as if I am changing what has been said. I am often concerned that my written (or spoken) word may come across different then has been intended. Thank you for asking me how I felt and clarifying the situation. I love you. I talked with my mother about having a reception in San Diego. She commented that it might be better to just do away with the idea totally. She brought up several points that we might want to consider. We can discuss this when we get back up to Weber. My sisters have all gotten home and seem to be fine. They're not sick at all, neither is Joey. So far he has had a good birthday. It's kind of an important birthday. He seems more excited about turning 18 than I did. I didn't much care how young I was. I love you and I am anxious to be with you in 5 days and even more anxious to be with you in 6 months. I am happy that I accepted this very important invitation. I love you. To quote Much Ado... "I love you with so much of my heart that there is none left to protest." I think you told me this once in a message and I have looked for it, but I cannot find it. There are just too many letters. I love you. I can't say it enough. I love you, I love you, I love you!!! By the way, I probably won't walk through the line at my graduation pregnant, I might waddle through it though. I love you. Your friend, Wanda PS. I almost sent your last letter to Sean, his name is under yours in the adddress book for AOL. BTW, have you heard from Rob?

No comments:

Post a Comment