Thursday, September 1, 1994

Green Grass

Robert, My mother is taking advantage of my good mood and has asked me to read several books. I am really enjoying them. In this one book written by Brent A Barlow they talk of happily married couples. I want you to read this part. It is long so I will send it part by part, this way you aren't overwhelmed with all of the ideas at once. Brent A Barlow: We can learn to tolerate a marriage partner much as we would tolerate an obnoxious guest, live together in serenity with nothing more in common than cell mates in prison, or develop a love relationship from which both partners can derive genuine satisfaction. Perhaps I am an eternal optimist, but I believe the vast majority of married couples can be in the latter category if both partners choose to do so. Maybe the grass does often look greener on the other side of the marital fence. But someone once observed that the grass is greener where you water it. ----------------------------------------------------------- I feel that we have started out on a great foot. I didn't just settle for someone that I could have shared a cell block with, I chose someone who I can love for the rest of my life. We will continue to water the grass on our side of the fence which will cultivate plenty of love for each other. I have to go pick up my sisters from school so I will write more on this later and reply to your last letter. I love you, Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment