Friday, September 9, 1994

Graduation

Robert, Scenery vs. Hotel room: Both are nice. (Sorry, I'm not helping you much, am I?) If I had to choose between the two, I would choose the one you are at. (This doesn't help much either, does it?) If the view from the room was not great, but the surrounding area is very nice -- that would be fine. Whichever you prefer dear. (Am I being indecisive?) I really don't have a preference. Now you have it in writing, but I'm sure it doesn't matter, huh? I have never snorkeled before, with the exception of the pool sets you get. I always went under the water too far and sucked water into the tube. I would love doing it though, It would be fun (I'll be with you.) Go ahead and send the message to Sean. I don't understand what authority you would be usurping by sending him a message. He already writes to you more than he writes me. Let me get into the programming. After we know where we will be I will know what classes I will need to take during Spring, which will in turn help me to decide what classes I have to take Winter quarter. I showed you what my tenative schedules are for the next two quarters. If I can follow these, then I will be able to recieve my Associates (General). Yes, I am working on classes that will help me work towards my bachelor's. This is because many of the same courses will count for Generals AND my Bachelor's degree. Why take twice as many clasases when I can take one class and have it count for both? If I want my Associates by Spring, then I willl have to take Chem 111 during the Spring and Chem 121 later on. You are worried becasue I mentioned my Spring quarter schedule. I am sorry that it sounds like I am making plans to stay here. Yes, these will work if we stay here, but they should also work if we go down to Los Alamos. UNMLA has the last bit of Calculus that I will need, they also have the last bit of German. WSU has Independant Study for English 232 and I am sure that there is something in chemistry that UNMLA has that will transfer and count. During Fall quarter we will have to talk to WSU to find out which courses will transfer and count towards graduation. We should also see what we can do in the way of correspondence courses. It will all work out. Associates: I don't have too many classes left to receive my associates, it's just a matter of taking them when they are offered. History: I am taking History over. My D will count, but I don't want that kind of a grade on my transcripts. Enlish 232: I need to take English 232 (everyone needs a lit course) and that is offered any time, but in between my science and math classes, the best time to take it would be Spring. I was going to take it Winter, but I moved it to Spring quarter so I could take Comsci 213 during Winter quarter. German 203: I am going to take this class in the spring anyway. It will count as a humanities, so why take another course to fill my humanities need? Physics 111: This is taught Fall and Winter quarter. I was taking physics 101 last quarter and the instructor was testing a new way of grading. The best grade in class would have been a B- (I would have had this.) He was also very unpredictable. I changed it to CR/NCR. Now it doesn't count for a GE. I should have just dropped it. I took it thinking that it would be a good refresher, not realizing that it was only concept and the reason I enjoyed Physics in the first place was because of its use of math. (Calculus and Algebra) I knew that whatever major I finally decided on (Math or Physics) I would have to take higher courses that will also count towards my general eds. When I met you, I wasn't taking this class CR/NCR, and thought I had one more Natural Science out of my way. Chem 111/121: I have to take a Chemistry class for my major (just as I have to take a physics class for my major). I have to go as far as Chem 121. I can start at Chem 121 because I have filled the prerequisites: Math 105 and a high school Chemistry class. However if I want to get my Associates by the end of the year, then my last option is to take 111. Both classes will give me the 4 credit hours I need in Natural Science. (It's 5 credit hours, but I only need 4 more after I take physics). If you don't count History (because I don't need it to achieve my Associates) then I only have 17 hours to graduate. That IS only one more quarter's worth of classes. I do want to continue my math, it is bad to put it off. It's kind of like exercising, it is harder to get back into the habit once you have quit for a period of time. I didn't take a math class Spring quarter and I could kind of tell it had affected my performance in Math 107 Summer quarter. I do have extra classes filling up my time which is where my need comes in to wait until the end of the year to graduate. Calculus - 15 credit hours worth. Comsci 120 and 213 (8 credit hours) - these will help me get a job at the lab. German 201 and 202 (8 credit hours) - I have to take these before I can take German 203, which is a class I need to graduate. And, of course, History 170 (5 credit hours) a retake. Does this help at all to help you understand where I stand in school? If there is still any confusion, please bring it up. The only thing that really shocked me was getting a 2 on my AP English test. I asked my AP teacher wether I should take the test or not (just to see what my chances were of passing). She had told me that she thought I would get a 4 or a 5. All I needed was a 2. I was really dissappointed. All I had to get was a 3. I had always gotten A's in my English classes. I wasn't overly stressed. Maybe that was the problem. However, I wasn't over-confident, I was worried, just not enough I guess. Please respond to this and let me know how you feel. I love you and I don't want you to be left out of these decisions. If there is something you feel I have left you out of or you feel that there is an option that I haven't brought up, please tell me. I love you. Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment